With Millennials facing an unemployment rate of more than 8% and $1 trillion in student loan debt, renting to millennials is an area that every property owner should be exploring. In fact, the true homeownership rate for 18-34 year olds has fallen to a new low: 13.2%. But finances aren’t the only reason for the dip in homeownership. Millennials are recognizing the many benefits of renting — including reasons that have nothing to do with money. Here's an infographic from Appfolio that sums it up:read more >>
Property Management Blog
Keeping Good Tenants
Property managers and owners can save money in advertising and “make ready” expenses by simply focusing on keeping the tenants who pay their rent on time, keep their rentals clean and are generally friendly to the other tenants around them. Consistently losing your good tenants can take money right out of your pocket and makes your multi-family, single family or condo a far less valuable asset. Should you have a high turn-over rate, we’ve put together a few reasons why that may be happ... read more >>
Maintaining Your Rental Property
Everyone seems to find time to maintain their personal property. It's usually a matter of pride because it's your home. Many property owners forget that your rental property is yours too. My thought was that perhaps property owners could use a reminder as to why maintaining your rental property is so important. So, here are 23 reasons for maintaining your rental property:
- Improves the curb appeal and keeps and attracts better tenants
- Increases ability to... read more >>
A farmer once told me that if you want to be successful in life you need to make money while you are sleeping. There are many ways to accomplish this feat and a great one is through Real Estate Investing.Within the field of Real Estate there are numerous ways to make money; the particular way that I would like to look at for the purposes of this article is rental properties.
Rental property or investment real estate could be anything from a rental house to a large multi-family complex. Investment real estate that is leased or... read more >>
- How to handle a lease break.
- YOUR HOME AS SEEN BY...
- Some thoughts about landscape maint...
- CARBON MONOXIDE
- Don't make these mistakes!
- Twelve Great Management Practices
- Here is to the Team!
- Good Reasons to Hire a Professional...
- Security Deposit Return Challenges
- Tenant Appreciation Increases Cash ...
- The Benefits of Rental Property
- How Much Does Maintenance Cost? Par...
- How much does maintenace cost? Part...
- Should I Manage My Rental Myself?
- Minimize Risk with these 7 Proactiv...