Meet the Team
Mendell Gosnell » Founder/Owner
Mendell Gosnell is the Founder/Owner of Centurion Real Estate Management, LLC , a local property management company serving the Willamette Valley Area in Oregon.
He is a member of the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM) and the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) and holds the Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation.
The CPM® designation is awarded to real estate managers who have met the Institute’s stringent requirements in the areas of professional education, examination and experience and has been cited in independent studies as the most important designation to consider in the hiring process. CPM® Members must also abide by a rigorous IREM® Code of Professional Ethics that is strictly enforced by the Institute. This is just another part of an ongoing commitment to excellence in the field of property management and in keeping with our core values to offer the best service by the highest trained individuals.
He is an active investor in real estate and is a member of the North West Real Estate Investors Association (NWREIA), is involved with the local Chamber of Commerce and is an Oregon State University Graduate. Along with his interest in Real Estate he enjoys helping others succeed with their real estate investment goals.
I grew up in Albany and grew up loving the outdoors. I have called Salem my home for going on 8 years now and am blessed to be married to a loving wife and to have 4 of the most amazing kids.
The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM®) is an international community of real estate managers dedicated to ethical business practices, maximizing the value of investment real estate, and promoting superior management through education and information sharing. An affiliate of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, IREM is the home for all industry professionals connected to real estate management – and the only organization serving both the multi-family and commercial sectors.
About the CPM Designation+
- The Institute offers a comprehensive program developed exclusively for property and asset managers working with large portfolios of all property types. The designation is considered to be among the industry's premier real estate management credentials. There are over 8,600 professional real estate managers who hold this designation worldwide. CPM members manage approximately $900 billion in real estate assets.
- To attain the CPM designation, the candidate must join IREM, which costs about $500 a year, and join the local IREM chapter for the city in which the candidate lives. There is also a fee to become a CPM candidate.
- To achieve the CPM designation, a candidate must pass about 10 required courses given by IREM, including marketing, human resources, asset management and ethics and complete a management plan on a subject building. IREM also examines the candidate's experience and asks for 3 professional references.
- CPM Members are recognized as experts in real estate management, and they are at the top of the profession.
- 70% of those who hold the CPM designation hold the highest management positions (owner/partner or officer/director) than those without the designation.
Jesse Barnes » Business Development/Marketing Manager
Jesse graduated from Oregon State University in Marketing and Speech Communications in 2012. In his spare time, Jesse plays guitar and piano and goes to local sporting events. In April 2015, Jesse married his wife Alli and together live in Salem with their Boxer Emma. He enjoys playing basketball and going on trips with his wife and dog. Jesse’s skills include marketing, business development, sales and relationship management. Jesse enjoys working with others and building lasting and fruitful relationships that are mutually beneficial. Most of all, he enjoys providing a service that is for the betterment of others and their lives. Contact him today for any questions or concerns you may have about your real estate investments.
Candace Knuths, originally from a small farming community in the mid valley about 40 minutes away from Salem. Attended the University of Idaho where she participated in Track & Field and got her bachelors in Business Management & Human Resources. She was hired by Centurion a year out of College and have been working here ever since. Job duties include, advertising, human resource functions, bill payables & receivables.
Many owners call us and have questions about how to read their owners statements and what certain line items mean, Candace is good at figuring out what questions they have, the answer to that question and then explaining it to them in a way they are able to understand.
Larry Lyon, is the guy to see for farming and agricultural land sales. He has been doing it for over 15 years and his integrity, and straight forwardness is a breath of fresh air to all who work with him. He is passionate about assisting clients in exceeding their goals and expectations. Larry enjoys golfing and spending time with family outside of work.