Getting to know your Property Management Company
There are a lot of hard things about managing property. Besides the most obvious challenges such as dealing with difficult tenants, chasing rent, enforcing rules and keeping up with new laws and an ever changing industry - one of the top challenges is staying connected with our Clients. As strange as it sounds, we often feel we are doing so much “behind the scenes” that never really gets noticed and we are too busy to take time to brag about how we solved another “headache” and turned another unit and re-rented it at top market rent...well, you get the picture. And the times we do talk to the owners it is often to bring bad news such as, your roof is leaking and it is going to cost a lot to repair or replace, etc, etc, etc… I understand it is just part of the reality that is property management.
Having said all that, I really just wanted to share a little bit of the many things that we have been doing here at Centurion over the recent past in an attempt to help bridge the communication gap and also to show how we are committed to bringing more value to YOU - our valued Clients!
To start with, here is a look at our Company Value Statements:
Our Core Values are statements that we designed to measure ourselves by. We hold out these values to ourselves and to our clients to make sure we measure everything we say and print about ourselves.
1. We commit that our marketing material and the information on our website will accurately represent who we are, what we’ve accomplished and what we do; no exaggerations.
2. We will hire only the best staff, consistently train them and work at moving them to the best possible position of service to Centurion and our customers.
3. We will always treat customers, vendors and each other with courtesy, respect and professionalism.
4. We are committed to change — to keep up with the changing marketplace and changing technology without sacrificing the all-important priority of great customer service.
5. We are committed to providing our residents with a clean, safe and habitable place to live, regardless of the rent, and put their safety high on our list of priorities.
6. We will not tolerate unethical behavior by our staff or vendors.
7. We will follow the laws (and codes of ethics) that regulate our business.
8. We will believe in (and reward) our staff and create a safe (and healthy) work environment that fosters respect and opportunity for personal and professional growth.
9. We will constantly strive to protect our owners from the liabilities of owning rental properties.
10. We will strive to be a leader in the property management industry in Oregon and throughout the nation
Over the last several years we have been investing a significant amount of time, talent and treasure into harnessing technology and developing a better property management operation. Some of the highlights include investing in the best property management software available on the market and investing in training staff to maximize the technology. Recently we invested in time and GPS tracking for all of our staff. This is very helpful to keep tight controls on our maintenance techs in the field and ensuring they are where they are supposed to be and doing what they need to be doing on behalf of our Clients. We have upgraded our phone system and revamped our phone tree to make it more user friendly. We have broken out certain numbers so that callers will call directly into the staff member or department that they need to talk to. We use about a dozen different phone apps and other software items that helps us operate and manage more effectively. We are using video more and more for initial take-over evaluations and before and after turns when tenants move out. We are also using video chat like FaceTime to communicate with staff in the field to immediately get additional eyes on a needed repair, a vacant turn or other applicable situation. Of course, none of this would be possible without the great staff that work here and show up each day energetic to keep charging. And there is still so much more that I could tell...
Well, all this to say that we are working hard for you - our Valued Clients - day in and day out and appreciate the trust you have in us. Thank You!!!